Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Updates

Last week was a week of ups and downs.

Lillie has done well and even got the chance on Friday to come to my school for a tea party. She loved being there and had a great time.

Dad,however, did not get the news from his doctors we had hoped. He is too weak to have surgery at this time, so they will be reevaluating his situation at the end of October. The doctors also shared that the PET scan showed additional "hot spots" in other areas of his body. Though it is possible that these could be caused by things other than cancer, there is also a possibility that the cancer spread to other areas. We are praying for healing and strength for my dad so that he can tackle the next step in this battle for good health.

Thank you to everyone who has included our family in their thoughts and prayers. We appreciate your support and love!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
Shana keeps me posted on all the updates, good and bad. Your family is so special to me and holds such a place in my heart. Please give my love to Mom, Dad and Big E.
Susan Beth

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
I have been praying for you and your family to have strength in this time. Your mom has been so sweet to me each time we have been together with the travel group and reunion. She is precious. Please know that Lillie Mei and I say prayers for you all. Let me know if you need anything.
Love,
Shirley

Snickerdoodle said...

I think about you every day and hope that you are holding up well.

Hoping things go better in October.

Snick, Sunshine and Brilliance

Anonymous said...

My prayers and love continue unabated.
Roberta

day by day said...

Hi Andrea!

Just checking in to see how you are all doing. Praying....

I love your new blog...it looks great!

take good care!

All 4 My Gals said...

Oh Andrea, I am so sorry. Definitely not the news I had hoped to find. Continued prayers for your Dad.

Lilypie Date is set Ticker