Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Many Days of Christmas

The slide show below has several pictures in it. I started it with the pictures I recieved of Lillie about this time last year.
Next, I included our Christmas DAYS pictures. The first are a few from our celebration with my immediate family... Mom, Dad, Erik and Cristy. There are a few of Lillie on her new bike from "Bid E" and "Risty". ( Lillie will sometimes call my brother Big E after hearing his friends call him that. Cristy's name is very clear...just missing the C sound at the beginning).
The pictures in her PJs are from Christmas morning.That morning, after Lillie woke up, I told her we needed to go downstairs. I explained that Santa Claus had come to bring her presents...and although she does not exactly understand Santa, she knows the word presents! Nai Nai and Bop bop came over to watch her open gifts. The last group of pictures are from Glasgow, where we celebrated with our extended family. Lillie loves spending time with all of the cousins and was excited about seeing everyone.

I watched Lillie in each setting, each time thinking about what a difference a year had made in both of our lives. Last December, I was awaiting approval and LID and looking at the pictures and video that Mimi and Herbert Backhausen had taken of Lillie while in Fuling adopting their daughter Michelle. Now, just one year later, I got the opportunity to make my own beautiful pictures and video. I saw her smile light up the room and heard her wonderful giggle and her sweet voice singing songs. I cannot even put into words the feelings that come when I look at her. She is my most precious gift!

I chose the song that goes with the slide show because it is the closest I can come to explaining last Christmas to this Christmas. ( I added the you tube of it because I couldn't get it linked to the slideshow. You can click the song and it will start, then the pictures) I know that Christmas can be so hard for some people...those struggling with loss, or the loss of a dream. But as I shared with someone I love dearly, sometimes the end of one dream just becomes the beginning of another. Lillie is my dream come true.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaah, I look terrible in the picture of me and Lillie!!

But it was a cute slideshow. I love whatever that big blue tube is she was playing with!!

And the writing above the slideshow - awwww!! So sweet!! It's amazing how much different her life is now from last Christmas.

Love you guys! Hopefully we'll be up there soon!

Love,
Caroline (and Sabra =])

Anonymous said...

ok, it's time for you to stop making me cry!

Love to Andrea and Lillie!

~Jessie

Tishy said...

Andrea and Lillie,
Yes what a difference a year does make. Just looking at her smile... the way it lights up the room and to see her so surrounded and enveloped by love from so many people. Even though she had to start life so hard, it has been such a clear path you have been on towards each other. I would love to see you guys soon. MY love to you now and always!

Anonymous said...

As usual, you made me a little teary! I love the picture of Caroline and Lillie, even if Caroline doesn't. Isn't it amazing what changes a year can bring? Lillie's smile lights up the room. What a lucky little girl she is, and how lucky are we that she is now part of our family??!!

Love, Meg

Lilypie Date is set Ticker