Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Spending Time Together

We have spent the last weeks trying to live life in our new "normal". We have been through Thanksgiving, my 42 birthday, and Christmas since loosing dad, each of which was difficult. I must admit, however, that with each holiday, it was family and friends who made it seem less overwhelming. Thanksgiving was our time to be with the immediate family. My birthday, thanks to my dear friend Cissie, included a simple get together with friends. Christmas was a chance to change things up, and I will write about it soon. I am thankful for each of you, and for all of the prayers from friends here and all over the world. Blessings to each of you, and prayers for an uneventful new year. I am certain that I will approach it differently, knowing that each new day together is a blessing and should not be taken for granted. Wishing you a wonderful 2009!


8 comments:

Snickerdoodle said...

Happy New Year to you both!

Snick, Sunshine and Brill :)

Tishy said...

Happy New Year to you! Good to see a post. You both look great.

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see your Christmas pictures! Happy New Year to you, and let's keep our fingers crossed for one that is much less eventful!

Love, Meg

Kelly said...

What a great picture of you and Lillie laughing! I hope you guys had a great Christmas and I can't wait to see the pictures. We need to get the girls together soon. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I too have been watching for a post. Even though I hear from you, I am pleased to actually see smiles.

I hear you had a good (cold) swim and then dinner earlier this week.

Love to the two of you plus Pat.

Neva

Anonymous said...

How lovely to see you both laughing together. Makes my own heart giggle! 2009 is a gift in which all of us will experience
new and surprising moments of God's love and His strength to deal with the "bumps in the road". "I am unanimous in that!"

A big hug,
Roberta

Anonymous said...

I hope 2009 brings you and your family happiness and healing.

All 4 My Gals said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you got thru the holidays and found enjoyment and family time. HUGS

Lilypie Date is set Ticker