Thursday, January 10, 2008

6 months since Family Day!

As those of you who followed our journey in China remember, we had Lillie with us for one day prior to signing the official papers. Our paperwork day was July 9th...especially significant since it was the date of my Grandmother's birthday. Nana passed away before I ever started the process for Lillie, But I feel sure she would have loved her. In some ways they have a connection... especially since Lillie is named for my grandmother and her mother.
Family day for Lillie and I consisted of Dr. appointments, a trip to visit a preschool (Lillie may join her friend Wyatt there one day a week), Playing with Ms. Emmi and enjoying our day together. We played music, danced, read books, worked puzzles, played dolls...all of the things Lillie loves. Then we ended our evening with another small milestone...Lillie poo pooed in the potty! I know...not necessarily the most glamorous topic, but Lillie was so proud of herself she clapped! We had a great day.
Okay...clearly I haven't figured out how to rotate pictures on the blog...oops!






Caroline...do you recognize Lillie's dress?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Tom and Jerry dress! Lillie looks every bit as adorable in it as Caroline did -- quite a contrast in the dark v. blonde hair, but just a precious!

Love, Meg

Lilypie Date is set Ticker