Saturday, March 01, 2008

On My Heart

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about the orphans of the world lately.As some of you know, I went to Swaziland Africa in July of 2006. We went to learn more about the AIDS pandemic there, and the work that one church, KuKanyOkusha Zion Church, was doing. It was a powerful trip, and I found myself so drawn to the many orphans there. It was heart wrenching to see the number of children who were without a family...and those who I knew would become orphans soon. There is a team planning to return this July and in my attempts to help them raise money, I have been thinking of the Swazi children daily. I also have been thinking about the fact that my trip to Swaziland was the jump start I needed to start the adoption process...something I has thought about for years but let my own fears stop me from doing. God was a part of both of those journey's for me.
I look at the lists of waiting children for my agency and other and often read about children who's files will be returned soon. I see countries, like Swaziland, who still do not even have any form of adoption programs and my heart hurts to think there are children will never have a family. I found this song/video a while back but thought I would share it with you. I hope that it will move you, that it will inspire you to pray for the orphans of the world, that it may make you consider sponsoring a child...or even adopting. Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Lilypie Date is set Ticker