Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Getting started



Starting on this quest to adopt has been quite an adventure. As many of you know, adoption has been a part of my "plan" for years...but starting the process and taking the first step continued to allude me. This past August, upon my return from a mission trip, I found a renewed energy to "get started". I checked into several agencies and countries, but ended up being drawn to the special needs program through A Helping Hand agency. I started the quest with one child in mind, but God had another plan. About Mid September, I was given information about a child in Fuling, China. It was love at first sight. I knew that together, we would be a family! After reading about her personality, I knew that my extended family and I were a perfect match for her...A strong independent personality and a need to always have "the biggest toy" are traits that will serve her well amongst her aunts, uncles, and cousins! Her name in china is Fu Baoyun, with Bao meaning treasure. I know that is what she will be for the entire family...a treasure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lillie... I am posting to this blog so you will know how excited I am that you are going to be a part of our family.
Your chinese name means treasure, and it feels like you are a treasure that we have to discover.
I can't wait for you to get here, I think about you every day!

I want you to know you are a part of our family already....
and I also want you to know how lucky you are, that you are getting the BEST mommy there is!

Lilypie Date is set Ticker