Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Next steps





It has become clear to me in the past month that adoption involves a great deal of prayer and patience and paperwork! I have been so blessed to have pictures of Fu Baoyun's beautiful little face to motivate me. I have learned more about myself, my health and my financial status than I ever imagined! I have also learned about adoption transition issues, medical needs of adopted children - specifically those related to my daughter's physical need. Due to an unknown cause, she was born with one foot that did not completely develop. Although in China she is standing on her foot, it is clear that once she arrives here in Kentucky, I will need to seek further advice from my pediatrician and from Shriner's Children's Hospital. I know that whatever steps are needed, we will face them together.
I have learned through this process that there is a Chinese proverb that says everyone is connected to the significant people in their life by a red thread. This thread may get twisted and turned, but ultimately it connects those who truly belong together. A young friend I recently met named Gin Gin must have known that the end of my red thread rested in Fuling, China. I met Gin Gin and her mother at a close friend's house a few months ago, and as soon as I entered the house, Gin Gin looked t me and said, " Andrea, your baby is in China!" Although I am certain her mommy and Anna helped her with that statement, I recently learned that Gin Gin was also from Fuling...just a coincident? All I know is that as each day passes, I pray that the red thread that is connecting Lillie and I will continue getting shorter and shorter!

No comments:

Lilypie Date is set Ticker