Monday, June 16, 2008

Fate, Fuling, and an angel named Gin Gin!


Once upon a time, there was a woman who knew she wanted a child. Though her ideas about the future changed with time, she still thought of adoption often. Taking that first step, however, scared her...especially as a single woman...Could she provide all that a child would need? Could she financially handle the experience? Was this really God's plan for her life?
Well, a few years passed and shecontinued to talk to friends about her dream. Lots of people encouraged her and she continued to look into adoption, though she still wasn't sure even which country to consider.
Then, one day,her good friend Anna said she had a friend who was a single adoptive mother. She said Kate would be in town and thought it would be a great for us to meet.
I walked into Anna's house and I was first greeted by a beautiful little girl named Gin Gin. She looked at me with her beautiful brown eyes and said, " Andrea, your baby is in China!" I laughed, knowing that Kate and Anna had told Gin Gin to say this! Kate and I talked and I watched Gin Gin and Sophia play and I began to feel a bit more certain....maybe I really could do this! But did I move ahead? ....well
A year passed, and I finally decided to fill out an application and send it in. ( The reasons behind this are another story, and ultimately involve another little "angel" that helped Lillie and I find one another). After a month, I was matched with a beautiful toddler from Fuling, China. I quickly emailed Kate to tell her I was finally taking a leap of faith and that I had a daughter in China, just as Gin Gin had said. Kate quickly responded with news that Gin Gin clearly knew more than either of us... as fate would have it, Gin Gin is also from Fuling! It was the first in many "God moments" that occured throughout the adoption process, each giving me the knowledge that Lillie and I were truly meant to be together.

On Saturday, Lillie and Gin Gin met for the first time! Gin Gin walked up and said, " See Andrea, I told you your baby was in China!" You were right Gin Gin and I thank God every day for that!


I am finding more and more that God speaks to us through "angels"... special people with whom our lives intersect. I am so glad I listened to the prophetic words of a beautiful 2 year old!












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really sweet!!!

I'm loving Lillie's pigtails!

And Gin Gin is adorable!

I hope to see you guys soon!
Love,
Caroline

Snickerdoodle said...

A beautiful post, Andrea!

I have a friend who is a single mama too. We got our daughters from Viet Nam within two weeks of each other. Then she adopted her little beauty from Fuling and one year later, I received my referral from Fuling too!

It simply amazes me how this whole thing works itself out!

God bless.
Snick :)

LifeWithTheFerrells said...

I am so glad that God is patient with us slow learners! I love Lillie's pig tails, that hair is finally growing out and she is adorable. You can see how much she is loved! Thanks for sharing.
Tina
fellow fuling mom!

Lilypie Date is set Ticker