Thursday, June 28, 2007

One More Week!

We are officially one week away from our departure date for China. Mom and I are doing all we can to pack lightly...without forgetting anything and everything that we might need! It is amazing to think that I will FINALLY have Lillie in my arms in about 10 days!
For those of you who don't know, my daughter's name will be Lillie Elizabeth Baoyun Nielsen. I chose the name Lillie after my great grandmother, Lillie Belle Depp Matthews. Her second name, Elizabeth, was chosen because it is a family name and was my grandmother, Margerett Matthews Alexander's middle name. Baoyun is her name now. An interesting side note to this explanation is that our Forever Family Day (the day Lillie and I will be united) is the same date as my grandmother's birthday, July 9th. It seems fitting that we become a family on that day, with her being named for Nana and her mother.

Family is very important to me and I am lucky to be a part of a large and loving family. God has blessed me with this wonderful family and with amazing friends...and now a beautiful daughter! When I think about my support system and the people that are excited about her arrival, I know Lillie will be one of the most loved children in all the world! (She already is!!!!!)

2 comments:

Marji said...

Andrea,

Congratulations, I've been following your journey from the FKI egroup and you have waited long enough. It is so exciting to see that you are on your way to Fuling. Tell them that Mimi (fka Fu De Xin) says hi ;-), but seriously, I will never forget the feelings that surged through me when my eldest was placed in my arms and I finally became a mother, it is truly life altering and overwhelming and incredible and just get a thrill to know that another lucky single mom will share in the excitement. That won't be happening in China after not too many more months, so sad.
Marji, lucky mom to four (including a beauty from Fuling)

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that the date you will actually "get" Lillie is the same day as Nana's birthday. Pretty amazing coincidence! I know that Nana would be absolutely thrilled if she were still with us, and I hope that somewhere out there, she will be watching this incredible moment in your life.

Meg

Lilypie Date is set Ticker