Monday, February 04, 2008

The Weather in China

I have had people ask me about how the weather in China is effecting Lillie's first home. Snow, unseasonably cold temeratures, etc. are wreaking havoc on the country and are effecting orphanages at different levels. Presently, Director Yang has let us know that they have heat in all of the baby rooms so they are doing okay. People in town are not doing as well...many are freezing since they have no heat in their homes. Hats, coats and gloves are an all the time thing!
Other orphanages are not doing as well.Some are without heat and clean water, several are in desperate need of blankets, and all are in need of prayers. There are ways to contribute money to help in these situations. One is through Half the Sky. The link is:
http://www.halfthes ky.org/work/ littlemouse. php
Please keep all of these little ones in your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

Keisha said...

She is Beautiful! I love your header too! ;0)

I'll be gathering my thoughts about your blog...

let me know of some colors.. or patterns.

Great to hear from you!
Keisha
Blogs For Babies

Lilypie Date is set Ticker