Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Special Visitor on Lillie's 2nd Birthday

On her second birthday, I sent Lillie a cake and hoped that she would have a chance to share it with her friends. She was, however, blessed with some special company I knew nothing about at the time. A woman named Melissa and her beautiful daughter were in Fuling for a visit. Marie is also a Fulinger and had come to spend some time at her first home. These are just a few pictures I received a few weeks later after Melissa inquired about who Yun's family would be.





A couple of weeks ago, I received an email from Melissa asking about how Lillie was doing. I replied, telling her that Lillie was full of energy... and quite the drama queen. I told her about how funny she is and how she loves to play with her
dolls and to dance and sing. Her response was:
' I can't believe that is the same child!!!??? She was always so sad when I saw her, but clearly she has found profound happiness and joy. "
It was a powerful moment for me. A moment when I knew just how little I knew about my daughter's life before, and how much it has changed since we became a family. I thank God for the many people that have been in my daughter's short life...and for the many Fuling families that went before me and have provided support the the SWI. I only pray I can also make the same impact on another family!

No comments:

Lilypie Date is set Ticker