Saturday, July 05, 2008

4th of July

July 4th of last year is a bit of a blur... mom and I were preparing to board a plane early the next morning to begin our journey to China and Lillie. A year later, and Lillie is here and full of curiosity!


Although it was an overcast and rainy day, we went downtown for a while, then spent time with Nai Nai and Babop. Lillie helped deliver cookies to everyone and was very excited about the prospect of seeing fireworks. "Pop, pop, pop, Mommy!" Of course, once we got there, she was distracted by the bird poop in front of her...but did seems to also enjoy the "sparklies"! She talked non stop, sang and danced, dressed herself...
It might have been the day to celebrate the birth of our Nation, but is was also a day to celebrate the beautiful little girl that my journey led me toward this time last year!

Below are pictures of Lillie playing beauty shop with Nai Nai. She loves jewelry and brought in several of mom's necklaces and earrings and wanted her to try them on. She even decided to try and put the earrings on for her!





3 comments:

day by day said...

You had double the reason to celebrate the day!!

Glad Lillie enjoyed her day and I really love her little dress!

Jana said...

I'm going to start looking for you everywhere I go!! We were downtown for the parade, too:). I had planned on attending the AHH Reunion, but we were leaving for our lake vacation that afternoon and got a late start.

I was so sorry to miss it and I was really hoping to meet you and Lillie!! Someday soon, I'm sure, our paths will cross.

Anonymous said...

I was just noticing how great Lillie's hair looks. I know she has been waiting for it to grow and it has come in shiny and thick.

I can't believe that it has almost been a year since your journey to China! Congrats on a year full of all sorts of milestones and celebrations. You girls are a perfect pair!

Lilypie Date is set Ticker