Friday, July 18, 2008

The Bluegrass Fair...and much more.

This past week, Lillie and I joined some friends to enjoy time at the Bluegrass Fair. We went around 6:00 and were able to really enjoy the evening. It wasn't too hot, the lines were not long...a perfect night for 2 ad 3 year olds. My dad, who is in the Lion's Club, got us the tickets. We even got to visit Babop while we were there since he was working that evening.







It is hard to believe, but we arrived in the Lexington Airport one year ago today, exhausted, but glad to be home. Lillie has come so far in this year...and has had the wonderful opportunity to develop very special relationships with the people wher were complete strangers one year ago.

On another note, I would like to ask for your prayers. I have not often asked this, but today we found out that my dad has cancer. He, and the rest of the family are remaining optomistic, but I know that the next several weeks will be hard on him. He is an amazing man and father and a blessing to all who know him. Thank you.


3 comments:

day by day said...

Looks like lots of fun, Andrea!

I am so sorry to hear about your Father's cancer....I will keep him in prayer!!

Have a wonderful week-ed!

Keri said...

I am so sorry to hear about your father. He is such a nice man. It was a delight to meet him and your mother. I will remember him in my prayers.

Keri

Snickerdoodle said...

Cancer is horrible. I'm so sorry that this has happened. Keep the faith, and he'll beat it!!

Snick :)

Lilypie Date is set Ticker