Friday, July 25, 2008

And now... a Break from our Usual country of Discussion....

Two years ago, I was a part of a mission team that went to Swaziland, Africa to learn more about the AIDS pandemic there. It was a life changing experience to say the least. I met people there that I dearly love... we shared meals and faith and heartache and hope. I also met several children, orphaned and vulnerable children, and they were the final push I needed to start the adoption process. I think of them often and pray that life will somehow improve for them.



Well, there is a Swaziland Mission team off on another adventure... this time without me. I am sad that I am not with them, but also know that I am where I need to be right now! If you would like to follow the journey of the team, there are two different team members blogging about thier experiences. (Which presently are a lot of bad travel expereinces) The blogs are:
swazilandjourney.blogspot.com
and
swazijohn.blogspot.com

Check out the adventure. I am sure you be glad you did! ( if they ever arrive!)


2 comments:

day by day said...

Hi Andrea!

I bet your missions trip to Africa was such an amazing opportunity...but at the same time probably so very difficult. I am going to check the blogs you have shared...thank-you!

agray said...

Finally got a change to catch up on your blog and I enjoyed reading about the swaziland adventure tonight.
Talk to you soon
Love you much
Amy

Lilypie Date is set Ticker