Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Special Day

Last week, Lillie and I went to visit some very dear friends.



When I first started teaching, Rena was my instructional assistant and we became instant friends and learned a lot from one other. I was young and green - she was a wonderful mommy of three children and a blessing to me and the children in our classroom.
Rena and her family have been a part of my life for 19 years....and I have had the chance to watch all three of her children grow up and become parents themselves. All of the grandchildren were at her house last Thursday, so Lillie and I went to visit! We swam, played in bubbles, played barbies, chased lightening bugs...and so much more!

Claudia and John, the two oldest, were both in my preschool class and it was wonderful to see how they have grown. Ashton and Amya both live in Florida, and I don't get to see them very often but they are just precious. Jacob and the baby both are just as cute as can be...and look like thier daddy!

It was such a blessing to spend the day with this wonderful group of people...we may not see one another as often as we should, but when we do get together, it is like being with family - and I guess in many ways, they are!


3 comments:

day by day said...

How nice, Andrea! It is always wonderful to be able to spend times with friends, especially ones we haven't seen in a while!! Glad you had a fun day together!

Jen said...

Hi Andrea,

What a fun day you and Miss Lillie had! Thank you so much for all your sweet words and encouragement. It has meant more than you know!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hello my long time friend. I did not know that we have known each other for 19 years until today. I feel blessed to have a beautiful person like you in my life. I am not the only one that is lucky to know and have you in my life, Lillie is going to have things that I am sure she could never imagine now that you are her mommy.
We had a wonderful day that day at my moms and I am glad that we got to see you and meet Lillie, she is truly a beautiful child. Stay in touch and I will see you the next time we are in Kentucky.

Lilypie Date is set Ticker