Thursday, November 23, 2006

Lillie's extended community



I must share with everyone the amazing information I continue to learn about Fu Baoyun...my Lillie. I have, in the last several days, received several emails from people who have had the opportunity to "know" her. As I shared earlier, I- received an email weeks ago from a woman who had been at the Fuling SWI the day Lillie was found. I also received emails from other people who have prayed and thought about my daughter for months.
First, I received an email from a woman who adopted her son last December from Fuling. Her little boy, Oliver, also was missing the front part of his left foot! (Oliver's picture is at the beginning of this entry, along with a picture of Lillie's little foot) When they picked Oliver up, the SWI staff asked what the family would do for his foot, since they had another child at the orphanage with a similar foot (this, of course, was Lillie). From that moment on, Oliver's mommy has prayed and wondered about Lillie... and therefore was quick to email and tell me about this exchange and about her son. We have shared pictures and the children do have very similar left feet! I will tell you all that Oliver is beautiful, has a brace he wears to help with his foot and is running and playing and very happy!
I also received an email today from a woman who adopted a child from Fuling last year. There was a team visiting Fuling on the day Lillie was found that had been asked to deliver a package to this family's child during that same visit. Upon seeing Lillie's picture when the team returned, this woman has continued to pray for Lillie. She shared that her family had, at one time, considered adopting Fu Baoyun, but knew it was too close to their initial adoption. They have, however, followed the search to find "Ava" a forever family. (For those of you who do not know, Ava is the name that A Helping Hand, my adoption agency, had give to Fu Boayun) She knew that Lillie had been matched with another family previously, then found out that the origional match had been "disrupted". She found this out after reading my introduction on the Fuling Parents group site. her email let me know that my daughter has been in her thoughts and prayers for over a year.
These are just a few of the stories that I continue to hear. It is, without a doubt, a wonderful way to continue to feel connected to my daughter who is half a world away. I am also lucky enough to have shared emails with a woman who will be going to Fuling the beginning of December. She will hopefully be able to give me an update and some recent pictures upon her return. I will share them as soon as I can!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrea
I am a friend of your mom and dad's - susan miller stephens. Our daughter is also adopting a little girl from China, so I am going to send her your web site. She has one also, but no pictures of her daughter yet.

Lilypie Date is set Ticker