Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Lillie...the early years


For those of you who are just learning "the story of Lillie", I have attached some of the information I received with her initial paperwork.
"Fu Baoyun, female, was found and picked up at the gate of our Institute on April 23, 2005. At that time, she was crying in a basket and did not have any belonging.(I have learned through pictures and information from people who were there when she was found that she did, actually have a bottle and some formula with her.) According to her development, her DOB is estimated at April 19, 2005. She was named Fu Baoyun. Fu refers to the social welfare institute, Bao means treasure. Yun is a good name for girls.The result of medical examination showed that the lack of toe with her left foot."
In addition, there was information included about her personality and interests. I have cut and pasted this informtation as it appears in the paperwork.
"Fu Baoyun is an open-minded girl. She greets her familiar caretakers with sound of “aah”. Sometimes she is naughty. When caretakers take her to shops, she touches goods within her access on purpose. The caretakers cannot find a way to deal with her. She is “greedy” because she likes bigger toys. She always chooses the bigger one from two toys." I am not sure what they mean by open minded, but i am pretty sure there was something lost in that translation! What I do know is that she appears to be strong willed, which will serve her well through the coming years. The one thing i know for sure is that I cannot wait until I am the one who can tell you about her personality and interests!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lillie... I had to laugh when I first read what the caretakers had to say about your personality.

You OBVIOUSLY belong to our family--you sound just like us!

I can't wait to meet you!

Anonymous said...

haha, she chooses the bigger toy cuz she's SMART!!!!

she was born one of us in heart ;)

love you lillie

Lilypie Date is set Ticker