Thursday, December 07, 2006

Lillie meets Mimi at the SWI





Here they are...the pictures I have been hoping to receive for the last week! My new friend Mimi Backhausen, who is presently in Fuling to meet her new daughter, took pictures of Lillie YESTERDAY and sent them to me from China! (She also has some video I will try to share, but she can not send it until they reach Guangzhou on Saturday.) The woman in the pictures is, of course, Mimi. Mimi said she told Lillie that her mommy was coming soon and also said that Lillie was adorable (of course)! She said Lillie didn't want to let her go and loved the attention...I can't wait until the day when we are the ones smothering her with affection! The last of the 4 pictures shows Lillie clinging to Mimi's leg.
This it yet another blessed event in this process, and I am reminded that there are so many people in this world who are good, kind and thoughtful. I know too, that there are so many things that can connect people...whether the love of a child, similar interests, happenstance or faith. I know that Lillie and I have been greatly blessed and hope that I/we can be a blessing to others.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many of us in Glasgow are fighting for space around the computer monitor to see the new photos. Caroline has printed out new ones for her mirror at KRT, and has set one as the desktop on our computer. Depp is practicing saying "I have a new cousin named Lillie" and Tipton and Sims continue to pray for their new cousin in China each week at Disciples' Kids Club. Miller, of course, wants to know if she will be able to teach him to speak Chinese, since he believes this area will be a hotbed for video game programmers in the future!

Anonymous said...

wow, friend.
like i've said before, i just get goosebumps reading about YOUR DAUGHTER. i'm so excited for you and for lillie to have such a cool fun mama to teach her all about different holidays around the world, the tooty ta, and that the smeller's always the feller. :)
luv,
julie sharon :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! i just thought i would drop by and say how cute your daughter is. two of my aunts and uncles have adopted. one adopted a little girl from gutamala and the other adopted two little girls form china so i know how exciting it is!


-korey

Anonymous said...

Angela,

My mom is a friend of your mom's from Transy. We live in Mason, OH, and are also adopting a little girl from China. We have an LID of 10/13/05, and are hoping for a referral after the holidays. I've bookmarked your site so that I can follow along on your journey. Feel free to also check ours out at www.youbelong.net/thebeyers

Good luck!

Bess Beyer

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!! She is beautiful! What a great match!! I so wish I was closer to share the joy with you!! love, Anna

Donna Wray said...

Andrea,

I am so happy for you and have you and Lillie in my prayers. The pictures of Lillie are precious. No need to worry about attention she will receive when she gets here. We will all be anxious to hold her. Hope everything works out sooner than later.

Donna Wray

Lilypie Date is set Ticker