Friday, December 22, 2006

New Rules for CCAA

In the last few days, several of you have contacted me about the new CCAA regulations. Here is what I know and how it will affect Lillie and I. I know that there are new regulations saying that China will no longer allow single people to adopt, along with several other new restrictions. They will ban disabled people, families with net assets of less than $80,000, people whose ages do not fall between 30-50, those whose BMI is over 40 and those who have been divorced numerous times. They will set new minimums on the length of marriage for couples who want to adopt. The China Center of Adoption Affairs has shared all of this in a Dec. 8th meeting. The rules, which have yet to be finalized, will most likely take affect in early May.
The changes shouldn't affect my adoption process, but I am definately now on a tighter timeline. Now I am waiting for my I 171H from US Immigration. When talking with Grace yesterday(my family advocate at AHH), she felt like it was possible I could recieve this by the end of January. (At least that is our hope...please pray!) Once it arrives, I will have to quickly get it notarized, authenticated, etc. so that my Dossier can be sent to China. I am hoping the entire Dossier will be off to China no later than mid March. (It will hopefully be much sooner, but the AHH goal is March 16th) This will allow about a month and a half for China to receive the Dossier and log it in to their system. I must have an LID of May 1! After receiveing my LID, the time line could be up to 100 days before travel, which means that it could be August or September before I go to China!
All this is to explain that I appreicate everyone's questions and concerns and gladly accept the prayers being sent Lillie and my way. I know that it is scary for us all, but I must trust that God has a hand in all of this and that Lillie and I will soon be together. Thank you again to each of you who continue to be a source of support and love. You will never know how much it is appreicated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lillie and andrea you are in our thoughts and prayers.

andrea we will see you at christmas...i wish lillie could come too ;)

Lilypie Date is set Ticker