Thursday, December 14, 2006

Waiting for News...

Although I expect to hear from Mimi upon her return to the US, she was unable to send the video clips from any of the hotels in China. She did, however, let me know that her daughter, Michelle, is doing well...although she and her husband were sick during part of their trip. I also have had a chance to communicate with Grace at AHH. She is my family advocate and has been wonderful during this process. She let me know that she and the agency are also waiting for information from their liaison from the CCAA(China Center for Adoption Affairs). she let me know the forms I still need to turn in to complete my dossier paperwork. The home study has been sent off and we are still waiting for our I-171H. In other words...things are still moving along...slowly, but surely.
I am finding that as I plan for the holidays, I am unable to pull my thoughts away from Lillie and the other children who are waiting for families. I also think about the children I have met that are without a family and for whom a prospective family is not identified. As we all plan for the holidays, I ask you to pray for Lillie and for her safety during "the great wait". I ask that you pray for the other children who are without a family...in China, in the US, in Swaziland, in Kazakhstan, in Guatemala.... these children are all over the world and they are heavy on my heart. I will post again soon.
(The picture at the bottom of the blog is one of the many children I met this past year in Swaziland. He is one of the many orphan children in that country.)

No comments:

Lilypie Date is set Ticker