Friday, January 19, 2007

Pictures from MaryHelen






With my new hobby of reading about all things China and Fuling, I found out that another new mom...MaryHelen, would be traveling to China to receive her daughter, Rose. It is so exciting to follow the path that each of these new families take and is always a time that I ask others to check on my beautiful Lillie. It is always with the understanding that they may not be able to travel to the SWI, or upon arriving there, may not be near her. I knew this was a possibility with MaryHelen's visit also. When I quickly checked HER blog earlier today, she told about her visit and explained she had only had the opportunity to visit 2 baby rooms. I assumed that it would be very unlikely that she saw my Lillie....so imagine my surprise when i received this email and pictures!
"i visited the fuling swi today, we were only able to visit two baby rooms but guess what? your lillie is in the same room that my rose was. i took photos and i'm attaching some photos here.
i hope i have the right baby - i took her name and birthdate and my guide went to the office to find out which baby - she's a waiting child? she has a problem with her foot? i have to say, she held her nanny's hand and walked all over so it doesn't appear to be slowing her down too much. so i'm attaching the pics. "
I must say that this waiting has been terribly painful, but again I thank God for the kindness of others and the good fortune I have had. I must say that after speaking with other waiting parents...as well as other adoptive parents....I have been truly blessed! I pray that the time between now and the Lillie's "Gotcha Day" is short and moves quickly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big!!!! I can't wait until she gets here!!
See you in tampa AA,
love,
caroline

Schlafers said...

I'm so glad you received the photos you were hoping for. I love watching your little girl grow as the path to her mom gets shorter and shorter!

Lilypie Date is set Ticker