Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lillie plays Beauty Parlor!














Thursday started with a trip to Eling Park, the highest point in Chongqing. We walked through the park, stopping along the way to see the Three Gorges Dam Musuem. The museum tells how the flooding caused the the dam will affect the areas around Chongqing, including Fuling. A large portion to of several towns and 2 complete towns will be completely flooded when the dam is complete in 2008. There were also some local artists in the museum and we met both. One created a mural to show the areas affected and he signed a copy for Lillie in her Chinese name. We also met a man who is a brilliant artist...and paints with his mouth. He was born without arms, but has learned to create beautiful art in a different way. I bought a few of his pieces and can't wait to show them off. We also went to a tea shop and learned to drink tea the proper way. We also learned that Lillie likes tea! It was very interesting and a lot of fun. Later in the day, we spent time playing together in the room. Lillie discovered the beauty of a hairbrush and spent a great deal of time fixing Mama's hair. The three of us also went on an adventure to the store again... always a little overwhelming as we draw interested looks from bystanders. Lillie continues to adjust well, but nights are still a little hard. She still can not fall asleep and sleep through the entire night without waking at least one or two times. All else is great so I have no worries that sleep will come easier with time also.
Today (Friday) we fly to Guanzhou for our last part of the trip. We hope for Lillie handles the plane well...this is a great introduction since it is just one and a half hours. Blessings to you all!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hairbrush pictures!! The artist without arms sounds amazing! Thank you so much for keeping the blog updated. Love you guys lots and lots! Wishing you better sleep~
Love,
Caroline

Anonymous said...

I haven't said much since we chat on skype every day but these pictures plus seeing Lillie "In Action" every day makes me feel like there is no way I could be more fortunate. A warm and loving wife and daughter plus a true treasure in a little girl that we all knew nothing about a very short time ago. I haven't been this excited since my knee worked again!!!! Seriously, there is no way I could be any more rewarded than the day these three special ladies arrive back in Lexington. I am as anxious as one could ever be.
Love to you all.

Pop Pop

Tishy said...

Can't wait to see the great art! What determination and proof that the heart of the artist will always emerge! Love the beauty shop pics. Maybe her sleep habits were to awaken several times during the night anyway and combined with different environment hard to adadpt. Once you are home and get into a set routine things will setle. My second son never slept for the first 2 years! Then, sleep he did. Good luck on the plane. This trial run will be very helpful in learning what you will need on the long flights.

Schlafers said...

5 more days till we get to meet Ms. Lillie! We're dying here!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the plane ride! As for the sleep....it may just be who she is - Miller still doesn't fall asleep easily! Hopefully, it will get better soon, especially after she is in her beautiful new room in Lexington!

Anonymous said...

Andrea, thanks for being so dedicated to keeping us posted; I know the updating takes time and effort. After all, that time could be spent receiving a new hairdo! This is a wonderful avenue of communication.

Love and prayers,
Aunt Anna

Anonymous said...

Pop Pop's comment has me crying. I'm so happy that you and Lillie have found one another. Can't wait to meet your little sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Love the blue bow in the hair. Ditto to what has been said!!!
Waiting patiently until you all are home safe and sound----connie

Anonymous said...

What a MOM you are with your stroller and lillie in tow! :) I can't explain how my heart just swells with each picture of you and YOUR DAUGHTER finally together, nielsen. :) yay for you and lillie.

luv,
julie
aka:shamrock

Anonymous said...

I knew it...Lillie and I are long lost soulmates...examine the evidence. Her obvious love of all things accessory, her gift for creating beautiful hair...and let's not leave out that killer smile. She is such a beauty, can't wait to meet her in person!
love ya,
Ashley

Laura said...

Wow... I just checked the blog and I am amazed at how dedicated you have been to updating it! I honestly think Lillie is one of the more beautiful little girls I have ever seen. I can't even imagine how wonderful it must feel to finally be able to get to know her face to face. I know it will continue to be amazing! Love and hugs from me.

Anonymous said...

OF COURSE Lillie loves to play beauty shop.... she's your Daughter, isn't she?!?! =)

You can really tell she's our relative, what with the chapstick affinity, loving the pool, and now with playing hair!

Every day she looks more and more comfortable, and I love the dev ilish gleam in her eye!

This is one girl with a ton of personality.... which again, proves she is meant to be a member of this family!

I can't wait to get my arms around this girl....

Love you all more than I can say!

Unknown said...

I was quick to email Caroline and let her know I remember getting my hair done by a little girl who loved to get the brush tangled in your hair!!! I'll bet you thought those days were over when Caroline got too old for beauty parlor! Love seeing the pictures...and yes, thanks so much for taking the time to update the blog daily so we can all be a part of this amazing experience!

Love,
Allie

Lilypie Date is set Ticker