Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Panda were cute, but Not as cute as Lillie!










We started our day with a wonderful breakfast, then were off to the Zoo to see the panda bears. We arrived, already sopping wet from the extreme humidity here in Chongqing! The pandas were cute...there were big ones and a baby, along with red pandas for us to see! They were all very cute. We then went to see an artist area where they explained the art of Chinese painting and calligraphy which was very interesting. Next, we were off to see the Old town area. Lillie fell asleep on the way, so she saw very little, but mom and I found it very interesting. There was a palace and Opera stages... all from 300 years ago, when Chongqing was actually the capital of China. (Chunking) Then it was off to Hot Pot, where there are pots simmering in the middle of your table and you put what you want into the broth and cook it. Then you fish it out and dip it in a sesame oil, garlic and soy sauce mixture. The restaurant "Americanized" our hot pot, so we had lots of noodles and muscle meats from animals we could identify. Typically, the hot pots will include intestines, tongue, and other parts of animals we don't usually eat here. I, for one, am glad they toned it down for us. I am also glad we experienced hot pot since Chongqing is the Hot Pot capital! We returned to the hotel and had time together in the evening to just play and enjoy each other's company. After dinner with Levi and family, we came back to the room for our nightly bath, which she loves...and off to bed. Each night sleep goes better...but boy can she wiggle around in the night! I love learning all the little things about her personality...and am glad to report that she now seems to understand that MaMa is Me! She is also getting braver with others and even let Cathy our guide hold her a minute...but only if she could see me and mom while she did! Can't wait to share more. Tomorrow we are off the the Three Gorges Dam Museum!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has become one of the things I look at now on a daily basis!!! I can't wait to see what Lillie and Mommy have been doing. Her smile is so inviting and warm. She is becoming a fashion queen; the hat and sunglasses say it all!

I have directed my mom to this site also. She too is looking everyday at Lillie's progress. You have become one of the "favorite" sites to check!

Much love to you, Lillie and Aunt Pat on this memorable journey!

Susan Beth

Anonymous said...

well of course they weren't as cute as Lillie!
But... I would have LOVED to see the Pandas. Wish you had a picture of the red one, I've never seen one of those.
I love the pictures of Lillie in the bath, you can tell she just loves it so much. I guess she never got to have bathtime like that before, with time to play in the water with toys.
And... I'm tickled to hear that she is bonding with y'all so well.

Each day when you post pictures, I can see a little more of her personality coming through. And she seems to have TONS of personality! =) =) =)

I can't wait for her to get home, and see her room, and realize that it is all HERS!

And.. you should be used to sleeping with a squirming kid, you were the only one who would sleep with me when we were little!

Love you ALL so much...........

Anonymous said...

Your trip is exhausting ME! I know you are having a fabulous time with the sightseeing, and having Lillie with you at last makes it all the more wonderful. You all must be completely worn out, but you look radiantly happy.
I have to say....I draw the line at eating things like intestines, so I am glad the restaurant gave you the Americanized version! It sounds as though the adoption people know just how to arranged things to meet your needs. What a blessing.
Tell Lillie that she can come to Boo's pool ASAP - it is perfect for little ones, as you well know. Also tell her, that even though I have always felt that Pandas were one of the world's cutest things, I quickly scrolled past the panda photos to see more of her! Thanks again for keeping us updated!

Tishy said...

The pictures are incredible. It is so great you are getting to experience so many things so you will be able to share with Lillie and show her pictures that relate to her culture. Where is a picture of you in your hat? Need something to soak up all that moisture! Keep having fun!

Unknown said...

I'm glad the time difference is what it is so that there's always something new by the time I get to the computer in the mornings! I love seeing your adventures almost as much as seeing pictures of Lillie. I agree with Ashie...her personality shows a little more each day, and from the looks of it she has just as much personality as the rest of the family! Soak up each moment you're there experiencing new sights because this truly is a very special time for you both!
Love,
Allie

Anonymous said...

Well I am so glad that you are a mom now you get the no night sleeping! She is so cute, KAyla Raye sends her love and so does CT and Eli. Can't wait to see you all.
Love you bunches, Cousin Rebecca

Jeff, Emmi & Kylie said...

She is just precious! I teared up seeing all the pictures of you and Lillie together! Your trip seems to be amazing. Enjoy your time there and I can't wait to meet Lillie! Take care.

Emmi

Anonymous said...

Andrea, Pat, and of course - LILLIE....
The pictures are great. Chris made some copies to share with Pryntha and Murray. I'm glad since the idea to take a laptop to them for a SKYPE session will not work (no internet connection on Windermere!!!).

Love that beautiful smile and the happy child antics! We are practically counting the minutes until July 18.

Love to all of you and prayers unending............Aunt Anna

Anonymous said...

Far out man. I'm jealous of your worldly travels. Cristy and I are gladthe trip is going great and that Lillie is bonding so easily. As if mom would have a hard time bonding with anyone. I loved the Panda pictures and all the buildings. Wow, just like all the history books an such. Well Cristy and I aresigning off. We miss you and love you so be careful and we can't wait to see you back here. Love, E & C

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the pictures and the daily report of what you all are doing and seeing. Keep up the good reporting. I am glad to hear she is adjusting to more people I hope she won't be too overwhelmed when she gets here.
Take care, be safe and enjoy every moment (which I know you will do.)
Connie

Anonymous said...

Andrea, dear! Your little girl is so beautiful - in spirit, as well as in body. I'm glad you have found each other.
The humidity you have found in China, you could find in Texas, too, these days. Just think of it as therapy - a free Turkish bath! Meanwhile, enjoy your wonderful adventures with Pat and Lillie in China. I'm sure both Grandmom and Grandpop are "over the moon" with delight!
God bless you all and give you a safe journey home. You are loved. AUNT Roberta

Lilypie Date is set Ticker