Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Warm Welcome

We had a wonderful welcome at the airport from family and freinds. There were lots of family and freinds that greeted our tired selves and made us feel so special. I was so thankful to see my Dad and Brother, along with extended family and friends...along with gifts and balloons and signs and a special wagon from Elijah. It was his favorite and he wanted to share it with a new friend. My cousin Claire was so impressed with the gift that she wrote a story about Lillie and the new wagon. I will try to get it copied so that I can put it on the blog...it is a great story. I am so thankful for all of the dear people in my life and am so glad that Lillie will have such an amazing support system!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if Lillie survived all that, she can survive anything! What a wonderful showing of family and friends. I am very sad that we weren't able to be there. I wish we could know what in the world she was thinking - she looks a little stunned by the whole event. I hear things are going well, other than the sleep issue, and we can't wait to meet her this weekend! After having a few late nights the past week, I'm not sure how you are managing the lack of sleep. I guess I'm just a lot older that you are!

Can't wait to see you both!

Love,
Meg

Anonymous said...

I hope Lillie realizes how much she is loved--and how the people there were only a fraction of the Lillie Fan Club!! Lillie, we love you sooo much and I hope we get to see you this weekend. I hope the sleep issue is improving!

Lots of love to both of you!!
Caroline

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I could barely get through this video because of my tears. It was so beautiful and very moving. You could tell how much Lillie had already bonded to you by the way she held on to you. I loved seeing the pictures of your dad...the love in his eyes and his gestures was so precious. What a wonderful family you have!

Lilypie Date is set Ticker